Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pink is the New Black

Rule has it that blogging about yesterday is as senseless as chopped liver and shampoo, and even more senseless as a failed attempt to make do with a simile that stupidly defies logic. But, what the heck.

I wore pink yesterday to appear intent in making a political statement of some sort about gender issues as one of my top priorities for choosing a presidential candidate this coming May 2010 national elections. Or, simply because I found a reason to do so just because I found my long lost pink baller ID after so many years and it just had to be worn even if the shirt that matches it had one hell of a hole just below my rib. After all, I was going wall climbing and zip lining that day and what I lack for athletic prowess, I could make up with a better fashion sense.

It didn't go well with my friend, though. Her initial reaction was, in all her voice's high-pitched wonder, "You are not wearing red!". And, indeed, she was right being the keen observer that she was. Talk about stating the obvious. But, of course, I knew what she meant. I was not wearing red - the color being my limited choice during the early years of our friendship. Or, if you're into quantifiable sentences, she sees me wearing red 99.9% of the time, with only three times that I wore a different color. Those were the days when I used to pick a primary color (and no, you'd have to Google the definition yourself) and stick with it for five weekdays straight.

That was after I had my rather long stint with baggy shirts and Jordan shoes. And before I arrived to fashion nirvana and looked like this:


Or at least that's how I perceive myself to look like even if I do, in fact, look like a fatter, fairer, more pink-loving version of the guy above. Oh, but I will have those abs and that tan. Give me 5 months (and ten years) to work on it.

---

I had a headstart with the tan at La Mesa Ecopark when I got invited by Lai and her Accenture buddies for their company outing. While those lovely liempo slabs and hotdogs got grilling, I (along with everyone else) were roasting under the blasted sun, baking in our own oils. It was terribly hot outside and the invasion of our space by lots of children (three busloads of them!) did not help either. But, all in all, the experience was great fun! The scenery was totally breathtaking, especialy for someone like me who has not seen those green things in a while here in the city. What do you call them again? Trees?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's feeling totally awed by the fact that trees actually exist in this part of the world - in a place two jeepneys, one FX, and one tricycle ride away from my place, no less! Oh, what do they look like? Wow, I do not know where to start! They have this huge cylindrical brown bodies... Ugh, what the heck. It looks just like what's in the poster below:

---
After my rendezvous (yes, I just had to use that word) with nature, I retreated to my urban landscape to watch Let's Dooh It by the Ateneo College Glee Club with a friend who told me it was about love and health. Gullible that I am, I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Piecing one with another, I figured that the free food were gluten-free, high-fiber, protein-enriched meals. I was even half-expecting Juan Flavier to do a number on stage. Good thing he did not. And good thing that the concert was not about proper diet. I would not want to fuss about the dinner we were about to take after the concert: sizzling pepper steaks from, uhm, Sizzling Pepper Steak and white and chocolate fantasy and green tea cheesecake from Classic Cuisine.

And it was a friday. My soul is slowly broiled in the crockpot of hell. With potatoes.

Photo Credits:
[.] Lo'ihi: Hi-Fashion by spudcheyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails