Thursday, January 20, 2011

(Almost) Certified Digital Marketer

So today I finally graduated from the rather schizophrenic diploma program I'm taking under the Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP) and Ateneo Center for Continuing Education (CCE). I say schizophrenic as it manages to identify itself with two names: the IMMAP-Ateneo CCE Digital Marketing Diploma Program and the IMMAP-Ateneo CCE Certified Digital Marketer Program. But, as Juliet would put it, "what's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". (And, no, I am not going to apologize for such a cheesy line, thank you very much.)

---

By this point in time, I'm pretty sure that my classmates have had their blog posts up and ready (and I am very much ready to bet half my cerebellum that some of them have had their blog posts prepared a week before) and me being the competitive ass person that I am, I just need to make sure that I've got mine up and running as well albeit only a budget of 10 pesos' worth of Globe Tattoo surfing allocated for this.

It's not that I'm saying it's unworthy of preparation or it's mundane. Coming from a person who (almost) teared up and cried when he saw his name in the tribute video below, trust me, it's not.



Admittedly, I've always secretly prided myself with the fact that I was in this course, dabbling with brands and rubbing elbows with industry leaders. Why shouldn't I? With 10,000 hours (I exaggerate, of course) of my life dedicated to this alone, it would be utterly hypocritical of me to say that I didn't enjoy it one bit. Because, I did...

...not just because of the training, the knowledge, and the skills that the program has given me, but also because of the relationships I managed to form with my classmates who never failed to impress me and inspire me to be more than what I thought I could be.

With that, I am very much grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails